WillR

Andy wrote:
I can't provide any first-hand user experience with any of the saws you=

mentioned, but I'll throw in my 2 cents worth anyway. Mark Duginske
states in his 'Bandsaw Handbook' that a 14" bandsaw should not be used
with anything greater than a 1/2" blade, as the wheels would put too
much strain on a thicker blade. I've read about and seen people using
3/4" (or larger?) blades on 14" saws, but it might be something to
consider. Overall, I guess my advice is to check out his book, if you
haven't already - very informative for a current bandsaw owner or
prospective buyer.
=20

There is a 3/4 " blade specifically for us "small" bandsaw users.
http://www.tufftooth.com/

Look at the "new Swedish Silicone Blades"

Specifically this blade. I am sure that similar is available from many=20
suppliers.
http://www.tufftooth.com/silicon-new.html

--=20
Will R.
Jewel Boxes and Wood Art
http://woodwork.pmccl.com
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those=20
who have not got it.=94 George Bernard Shaw