bob

22 x 20? Luxury!

We just willingly moved into a new house with a 13 x 15 room in the
basement, which is now the workshop. With a little planning, it's amazing
what you can do. We moved from a place we were renting that had pretty much
the same square footage, but also housed the oil furnace, oil tank, and
washer and dryer, as well as having a #%^&$ concrete pillar in a really
inconvenient place.
Drill press is on wheels and is a cinch to sling around, as is the 2 x 3
router table. There's also a 3 x 6 hardwood workbench, a big desk, and the
requisite pegboards. All the portable power tools are in solid, old-school
metal filing cabinets on wheels, just in case. Table saw is in the middle of
the floor, with lots of room all around it to move and swing lumber. Wood is
stored in the garage.
Yes, I wish it were bigger, but it certainly is not cramped, despite being
small on paper.

Bob

Travel and Astronomy Photos
www3.sympatico.ca/bomo

--

"Steve DeMars" wrote in message
Poured a slab (7) years ago for a general purpose "shop". Not necessarily
woodworking. Never built the shop, threat of moving kept me from doing so.
Now (7) years later I want to get into woodworking & there sits that slab.
It's 22' long by 20' wide. . . Can I operate a woodworking shop without
"everything on wheels in that amount of space. Would be like to build
bookcases, smoking stands, tables of all sizes & some cabinets. Do I need

pour more slab?

I have the following:

Table Saw - Delta Contractors with Biesemeyer 30" Fence
Drill Press - Delta 20" 70-200
Grinder on stand - Delta 8"
Air Compressor - vertical tank - Ingersoll Rand - 2HP
Hand power tools - drills, saws, etc . . (no specialized woodworking like
biscuit cutters)

Will buy eventually . . . wish list to be acquired over (2) year period

Miter Saw
Band Saw - large
Jointer
Planer
Router Table ( will build )
Dust Collector - (cyclone type
Lathe
Work Bench (will build )

Will it fit and work or do I "need" more slab . . . . suggestions please .

..
. I figure I get one shot at this . . .