Dave Hinz

On Mon, 8 Aug 2005 18:45:30 -0400, George George@least wrote:

"Dave Hinz" wrote in message

The problem is, we can barely get half the people off their asses to
vote for _president_ once every four years. Not saying it's a bad idea,
just that as with anything else, a small percentage of the population
would be making the decisions. And, really, would _you_ vote on every
piece of legislation, or just the few that you know/care about?

The USA was designed to be a republic, not a boobocracy. Which is a good
thing and should not be changed. Just count an absent as "no opinion" and
get over it.

Ah, you misunderstand me. I'm quite happy to let people who are too
lazy to bother to vote, be ignored in the decision making process. My
comments are in the context of why a "everyone votes on new laws"
scenario would be difficult to implement.

I'm perfectly content with people who are too lazy and/or ignorant to
vote, not voting.