Stephen M

This really does not have to be complicated.

I have traditional maple bench that weighs in well over 200 lbs. The base
has 3"x3" horizontal members near the floor.

I cut 3"x3" x 1/2" *pads* =for the whole thing to rest on. I tried it a
recut the pads until everything sat just right.

One screw holds each pad to the bottom of the tressle cross member.

If/when I have to move and relevel the bench, I'll just make sone new pads.

-Steve

"Dooler" wrote in message
I am wanting to build a workbench, but am unsure how to handle the
slope/unevenness in my garage. Do I make one leg longer than another?
Doing this would make it unlevel if I ever move. The legs/body is
going to be from hard maple and design is based off the how-to bench
from DIY network's show woodworking.

Any thoughts or ideas?

Thanks in advance
- Clayton