IMM

Default Want to build a new house in my back garden

"Nick Brooks" wrote in message
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
snip

Best eco house would be an airconditioned underground bunker.

Lit by light pipes.

No windows at all.

snip

It would be difficult to take advantage of passive solar gains in an
underground house. Also, I can't see how living in a house with light
pipes instead of windows could possible be the "best" solution from a
human point of view, even if it was thermally efficient.

Those who do, tend to have a south facing aspect with windows. The rear
parts covered in earth would have light pipes which would contain bathrooms,
storage, etc. Those who live in such homes love them.

http://www.hockerton.demon.co.uk