B a r r y

Default GREAT sandpaper!

Sandpaper isn't something people normally get excited about, but I
thought some of you folks would appreciate this. During my last
materials run, Carl, the owner of the Wood Rack, in Branford, CT gave me
some freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! G samples of a sandpaper he's begun to use
and sell. TWR is a small custom shop that resells supplies to the local
cabal.

The paper is called Norton Champagne Magnum (A275).

http://www.ind.nortonabrasives.com/media/lineart/S0000000000000001035/Sheets%20-%20A275.jpg

It's a hard abrasive attached nicely to a heavy (B weight), ruby colored
paper. The paper is extremely durable and flexible, almost a cloth.
The paper doesn't crease, which also helps keep the grit in place. I've
been using the 100, 120, and 150 grit samples he's provided me on felt
blocks and tadpole sanders. The stuff simply seems to keep on cutting!

If you can find this stuff locally, try _one_ sheet. It's expensive,
but I'll be buying it as I run out of the grits I have. When Carl gave
it to me, he stated "This is the stuff that you pick up the little
scraps so that you don't waste them." He wasn't kidding. G

A275 cuts and lasts as well or better than the Mirka Gold I use for
power sanding, and better than Norton 3X and the 3M purple paper. It
flat out destroys typical Norton and 3M BORG sandpaper.

I have no connection to Norton, The Wood Rack, etc... other than as a
customer.

Barry