Bob did you actually see any mentioning of cyanide gas in any of
those
research papers, all I see is possible dermatitis etc., and gluing skin

together, but nowhere is there any mentioning of cyanide gas mild or
otherwise.

Yes, I actually saw in the paper that it was mentioned as HCN. It has
been proven that the cured monomers still give off gases that are of
concern:

http://www.niih.go.jp/en/indu_hel/2004/pdf/42-2-14.pdf

However, this is not the the issue that is of greatest concern. I am
still thinking that the best reason to beware is the fact it is being
sanded/ground into microparticles and inhaled. If you breathe in the
particulates around your dust mask, this material will be IN your
lungs, leaching out small amounts of toxins over a period of time.
Please read the "conclusions" at the of the paper.

And, if as some have pointed out, the "smoke" is nothing more than
vaporized super glue which is easily inhaled, in particle size small to
get into your bloodstream. Good luck with that... I have seen no
research on how that is removed.

You can see more opinions on this topic in a newer thread where someone
asked about using CA for a finish. Also, a ton of info was available
in a Google search in less than five minutes.

I think it is most important to realize that ALL of the research
performed is on using CA as, well, an adhesive for which we all use
it from time to time. These are tests that are studying the free
gasses given off by the CA while it is hardening. They are not studies
of what happens if you sand it, mix it with other chemicals (say as in
the solvents found in your buffing wheels) or any other conditions that
exist when we as turnners use it.

My post was meant as a caution. That's all. If it helps one person be
more thoughtful or careful when using any of the stuff we take for
granted on a day to day basis, mission accomplished. And really, in my
mind, I see no reason to take a chance at any of these things,
especially if some have taken the time, money and effort to put into
quality research that raises concerns.

On the other thread, I am thinking one of the participants is going to
drink some CA to show how unafraid he is of the stuff...

One can only hope...

Robert