Jerry Martes

Be careful to not damage the switch inside the single phase motor when you
disasemble it.

If this was my motor, I'd power it up before proceding with any repair.

Jerry

"Ignoramus6689" wrote in message
On Tue, 09 Aug 2005 15:47:50 GMT, RoyJ wrote:
If you have an open bearing that rumbles there is a decent chance you
can clean and repack. Sealed bearings are usually not responsive, you
cna't get enough old crud out to cure the problem. A gritty noise is
usually brinneled, rusted, or other damage to bearing surfaces, bearing
is toast.

Would it be correct to assume, though, that with new bearings, the
motor will be effectively "like new" (sans capacitor life expectancy)?

Ignoramus6689 wrote:
On Tue, 09 Aug 2005 14:41:20 GMT, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh
wrote:

"Ignoramus6689" wrote in message
om...

Thank you. What is NGK?

A brand of bearing. Japanese origin; good quality.

Thank you. So, your vote is to just replace the bearings, not to try
to just re-grease them?

If they grumble, they're shot. Replace them.

Got it. Thank you Lloyd. Yes, they do grumble, like they have sand in
them.