Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

"Ignoramus6689" wrote in message
How would I find the spec for the bearing, should I just call Baldor
or their dealers?

Bearings are usually stamped with their designations. If not, measure
them. But if you have them in hand, just take them to the bearing shop --
they'll duplicate.

Thanks. So, all in all, it is not an incredibly difficult
project. Pull old bearings out with a bearing puller, buy new
bearings, and install.

Er, how does one install bearings properly? Should I just use a piece
of water pipe and a piece of wood to bang on the pipe to push the
bearing on the shaft?

You're mixing metaphors. Don't EVER BANG on a bearing. Push it in, nice
and square, and as gently as the fit will allow. The "piece of pipe" was
what I was refering to when I mentioned a wrench socket. Sockets usually
have the advantage of being round, square on top and bottom, and stout
enough to take substantial pressing force.

If your Baldor motor is like mine, the bearings lightly press into the end
bells, then the bell-with-bearing slides easily onto the motor shaft with a
pretty loose fit.

My biggest problem was keeping that 90lb beasty still on the bench while I
worked on it... hadta build some cleats to still it.

LLoyd