Pop

"yxz" wrote in message
All,

We are planning to buy a house and the inspector
found following
problems:

"All steel support posts in basement are not secured
to concrete floor
as required. This should have been done by builder
and should be
done."

"Two of the laminate main beams in basement are not
supported properly
on ends in box cutin foundation. These areas should
be shimmed and
supported properly"

Ratings are "B service/repair". Since it's a
relocation and the house
is in another state, we didn't get to see how did
they look like. The
inspector and agent told us that these are minor
issues, and seems the
sellers plan to repair themselves. However, another
person told me
these are serious problems.

So my questionis how serious are those, are they deal
breakers?

Thanks

IMO only: They are rather minor, but ... since you
can't get an eyeball on them, I'd ask what if any
faults had been caused by the support issues. I don't
think it's anything structural, but I'm no expert in
that area. More likely something's just not perfectly
level above, but the question for me would be how much
out of level? How much of a perfectionist are you?

I can see myself handling t hose problems if they were
mine, and they would't worry me, but I would have to
lay eyeballs on them AND the fixes, just to be sure
they met "my" requirements.
Are the fixes going to be reinspected and will you
get those results?

HTH,

Pop