Nick Hull

In article ,
Skankweed wrote:

In article .com,
says...

Skankweed wrote:
I've been battling some plumbing issues and today i replaced my water
pump. it's a shallow dug well 10 feet deep and it's a simple shallow
well jet pump 3/4 HP 220V.

Anyways everything is more or less working, but my pump runs for about
8-10 seconds every 10-15 minutes with no water use.

I know there's a very small leak somewhere. That much is obvious.

If i leave it be for a day or two that shouldn't affect the pump too
much should it?

Also what's the best way to find such a small leak? I don't see any
water leaking anywhere, but it's so darn muggy that there's a lot of
condensation so i cant say that with 100% certainty.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated..

skank

No, it won't hurt the pump. You didn't say what size pressure tank you
have, if it a small one, you aren't losing much water.

I would suspect a leak in a fixture somewhere, a dripping faucet, a
slow overflow in a toilet or the like.

Harry K

i think it's 20-30 gallonish..

i'll double check my fixtures... can't hurt... i'm more inclined to
believe the problem is somewhere in my handiwork seeing as how it was
all good up until this last weekend when all hell broke loose.. I'm
thinking maybe i've got some small leak probably in the intake of the
pump. I just can't seem to find it mostly due to the weather.. the
condensation builds up real fast and it is near impossible to see if
it's a leak somewhere, or just condensation..

i'm going to wait for a little drier weather hopefully in the next day
or two where i can check it out w/o the muggy air..

thanks for the reply..

skank

I would suspect a leak in the check valve in the well, maybe a tiny
piece of sand got on the seat. I like to use double check valves for
that reason, if one leaks the other seals and the flow eventually will
flush the dirt out if it doesn't leak.

--
Free men own guns, slaves don't
www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/5357/