Morris Dovey

J T (in ) said:

| I've been trying to figure out some sort of machine to shake
| rattle can spray paint. I've been able to figure out a few that
| would probably work, but a bit more Rube Goldeberg than I would
| like.
|
| However, even better, I think. A sabre saw, or Sawzall, to
| provide the motion. Probably have to make a frame of some sort,
| attached to an old blade, to hold a can in, possibly just with
| rubber bands - don't want to make it too complicated.
|
| Haven't tried this yet, but plan to. Possibly using a timer,
| so can just set it to 2-3 minutes, and leave it. I can't think of
| any reason something like this wouldn't work. Would sure beat
| shaking the cans by hand.
|
| Anyone here ever tried any thing like this? If so, how did it
| work out? Good, bad, indifferent? People with tired arms want to
| know.

In one of the ATOH episodes, they showed a compact drill-powered can
shaker. I tried later to track the device down; but could never find a
manufacturer, distributor, or dealer.

I've been tempted to liberate a defunct weed eater from the landfill
and cut it down until I could attach a can holder to the piston head -
then use a drill to turn the crankshaft.

Anyone know anything about the product shown on ATOH?

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar