David

Default Bandsaw recommendation - 14 or 17 inch?

Yet another "what to buy question". I've read the bandsaw posts, and
appreciate all I've learned. Rather than asking "what's the best 14
inch BS" or "What's the best 17 inch BS", I'd rather ask "what's the
best saw I can get with a $1000 budget.

I'm a novice, do mostly thin stuff now, but hope that my skills and
needs grow. I'd hope to anticipate resawing in the future, and hope not
to need another tool. I'll be replacing a 12" Craftsman. The thing I
dislike the most about it is the vibration (even after tuning it up),
but I also hope for more capacity and power. I've been watching for a
while, and haven't seen anything used come up close to home.

Here's a few that all come in about the same price:
Delta X5 with a riser - an old standby, but some have raised questions
about vibration.
Powermatic 14 with a riser - always favorably reviewed on the NG
Bridgewood 17WBS - looks nice, but have never seen one turned on.
Trunnions look a little weak, but otherwise seems well made. What about
parts in the future given only one supplier?
Shopfox 17 - looks the sturdiest and most heavy duty, but frame welding
looked a little sloppier than the others, making me question the overall
quality. Cast iron wheels are spoked rather than solid like the Bridgewood.

Any advice or personal experience with these saws (especially the last 2)?

Thanks in advance
David