Ian Malcolm

B.B. wrote:

As to the bulb hotness thing, I've found that the florescent light
bulbs with the screw-in base of the incandescent bulbs work well in drop
lights and handle shock much better. Extra-messy if it does break,
though.

I've found that as well. Old wire cage inspection lamp with the black
rubber handle. Never could keep a normal bulb working in it for more
than a week (you'd put one in and it would be gone next time) but the
fluorescent has been in there several years now. Only thing I did
different was put a leather washer over the base of the bulb so it was a
snug fit into the hole in the handle the socket sits in as we have
bayonet bulb bases over here which let the bulb wobble more. Could have
used an O ring but the leather washer was handy. Also I cut a
shade/reflector out of a coke can and folded it round three of the wires
of the cage. Without it, I couldnt see a thing if crawling into a small
space pushing the light ahead of me.

ianm[at]the[dash]malcolms[dot]freeserve[dot]co[dot]uk [at]=@, [dash]=- &
[dot]=.
*Warning* SPAM TRAP set in header, Use email address in sig. if you must.