Edwin Pawlowski

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi - i have a problem with my double hung windows. When ever i "unlock"
the window, the top window slides down automatically. Ideally i guess
one pulls down on the top window for it to slide down. But this one
just comes sliding down automatically as soon as i unlock it.

Could you please tell me what is causing this to happen. I also like to
fix things myself - is this something i can do by myself or do i need
to call window-repair for it?

Thanks for any advise...

Counterbalance is not working. Could be weights and pulleys, could be the
spring things on the sides. Determine what type you have first, then either
repair the cords or replace the parts. Could be some newer version too, but
you didn't give much to go on.