Pop

"Monty Hall" wrote in
message
. ..
10-15 years ago I scraped and sanded the exterior
wood siding of my house before painting. I recently
power washed my sister's deck and was impressed with
it's cleaning ability. Was wondering if power
washing would be a good replacement for scraping as
surface prep. It would save me time - as I don't
have any friends to scrape my house this time around.

Thanks,

Monty

Wellll, IFF you know how to use a power washer without
damaging the siding, and IFF you have the right tool,
I'd say yeah, go for it! But, soak the wood with too
much water or get it where it shouldn't go, you could
have some problems down the road.
It doesn't sound like you should do it, based on
your question. Perhaps someone else will have better
advice; that's all I can come up with. If you do, then
I 'd suggest a specific siding cleaner tool from, say,
Exel of DeVilibss et al. They're a little expensive,
but made for that job and with a little practice will
do a fair to good job in my experience (meaning I look
for the easy way, but it's not always the best way).

Pop