Chris Lewis

According to Edwin Pawlowski :

"Dave" wrote in message
news:nXMJe.7407$084.2656@attbi_s22...
I bought a new table saw and I can run it on 120 or 220, However, they
recommend 220. What does running it on 220 buy me over 120? Thanks for
your
opinions.

Faster starting, less likely to bog down. Same operating cost. Smaller wire
size.

How much of this you'll actually see varies greatly. If the wire length from
the panel is short (50') and you're not close to the limit on
the circuit, the differences will not be noticable. You're seldom able
to take advantage of a smaller wire size.

A few Delta saws have a different set of windings and you get 2 HP
instead of 1.5

Separate circuit is always a plus. When I first go my saw I wanted to try
it out before hte new line was installed. I hit the switch and the
fluorescent lights went out for maybe 5 seconds until the saw got up to
speed. Scary. Next day I ran the new line. .

Yup, separate is always a plus.
--
Chris Lewis, Una confibula non set est