Mortimer Schnerd, RN

SQLit wrote:
I bought a new table saw and I can run it on 120 or 220, However, they
recommend 220. What does running it on 220 buy me over 120? Thanks for your
opinions.

The 240v installation will cost ya more. You will need a motor starter if
one is not supplied. It is always a good idea to have overloads in the motor
starter. Lots of manufactures make a "manual motor starters" Get one that
fits your situation.

Some advantages: you won't blow the circuit breaker for the rest of the house
and your lights won't go off if you bog down. You can choose to run a dust
collector at either 110 or 220. If both are 110, you'll probably pop the
circuit breaker when you start both up.

I've got my jointer and bandsaw on 220. My table saw and dust collector are on
a special 30 amp 110V circuit but now I wish they were on 220 as well.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

VE