SQLit

"Dave" wrote in message
news:nXMJe.7407$084.2656@attbi_s22...
I bought a new table saw and I can run it on 120 or 220, However, they
recommend 220. What does running it on 220 buy me over 120? Thanks for

your
opinions.

The 240v installation will cost ya more. You will need a motor starter if
one is not supplied. It is always a good idea to have overloads in the motor
starter. Lots of manufactures make a "manual motor starters" Get one that
fits your situation.

http://www.cse-distributors.co.uk/co...or_starter.htm

Or you can spend more money and get an electrically operated one.

I have a delta saw that draw almost 15 amps under load (120v). I have not
converted over, just lazy and I use it off the genny every once and a while.