Chris Lewis

According to Scott Willing :
On Fri, 05 Aug 2005 20:48:37 -0000, (Chris
Lewis) wrote:
Are you getting the tractor maintenance manuals? If not, I could probably
scan the pages from mine.

I've pretty much ordered the works. There are several. However I may
take you up on that.

I glanced at the pages, it's all about cleaning the contacts and
setting gaps (both gaps are supposed to be .020). The regulation
voltage is supposed to be set at 14V.

Perhaps I can figure out how it works from the manual.

I was told by a good small-engines guy: "Don't buy a replacement regulator.
If it fails, just about any generic (solid state or otherwise) regulator
will work fine, and cost MUCH less."

I wondered about that, but then I don't know how comparable (aside
from the basic principle) a regulator for a generator, and a regulator
for an alternator are. I suppose the control mechanism is the same,
i.e. control the field current and you control the output, yeah?

I should think. One day I should read up on them more.

http://www.film.queensu.ca/CJ3B/Regulator.html (This is for a jeep,
the Cub has two relays, not three).

http://www.ytmag.com/ac/messages/27304.html

http://www.jackssmallengines.com/solenoids_kohler.cfm