Clark W. Griswold, Jr.

"Joseph Meehan" wrote:

Also note: "The inspector stated that this may not have been against
code when it was built (8 years ago), but was not considered acceptable
according to his standards." I suggest his standards are just that. I
don't believe (I could be wrong) that is generally a part of any building
standard.

Furthermore, home inspectors are supposed to be pointing out visual defects
only. Codes are always evolving and a home built years ago will have multiple
things that don't meet current code. Pointing out things that don't meet current
code may make the inspector feel good, but are irrelevant.