Edwin Pawlowski

"Les" wrote in message

1) What is involved in painting it white? Can I assume I can get some
white
paint at a place like Home Depot to paint metal, and after cleaning the
hood
good and using masking tape, apply the paint?

Pretty much that simple. You can buy spray paint. Done right, it will look
very good, done wrong, it will look like a home made job. Cost to find out
is probably $5. Small risk, potentially great reward.

2) If I purchase a new hood, is the installation relatively difficult or
simple? I see that there are 3 screws that attach the hood to the
cabinet.

Pretty much it for most of them.

Once I open the circuit breaker, and take out the screws, can I assume the
hood will drop down and I would then just disconnect the electric wire
connections between the hood and the source of electrical current? Then
connect and install the new hood?

May be minor variations, but essentially, you've got it.

What would you do?

If it is in otherwise good condition, I'd try the paint.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/