Les

Default Non-Vented Standard Range Hood - Paint or Install New One

I have recently replaced my oven/range unit (now white instead of almond
color) and now need to do something with the non-vented standard range hood
(has light and fan) above it. I can either paint it white or replace it
with a similar hood.

Need some help making a decision what to do

1) What is involved in painting it white? Can I assume I can get some white
paint at a place like Home Depot to paint metal, and after cleaning the hood
good and using masking tape, apply the paint?
2) If I purchase a new hood, is the installation relatively difficult or
simple? I see that there are 3 screws that attach the hood to the cabinet.
Once I open the circuit breaker, and take out the screws, can I assume the
hood will drop down and I would then just disconnect the electric wire
connections between the hood and the source of electrical current? Then
connect and install the new hood?

What would you do?

Thanks in advance for answering my questions and helping my make my
decision.

--
Have a great day, except you spammers
To email, remove the obvious