John_B

Omalley wrote:
Pipe comes straight out of block wall with a threaded end. Hose bib
is screwed onto the end of this pipe.
My problem is getting the leaky hose bib off of this threaded pipe. I
gave the pipe wrench a heck of a wack with a hammer trying to break
the bib loose but its not budging. I don't want to twist or damage
the main pipe - what do I do?!

Leftie loosie? or are those things reverse threaded?

If it is conventional threaded ie counterclockwise to loosen...I need
to figure out how to help break the bond.

Heat?

WD40?

Any help and/or guidance is greatly appreciated.

Ir there is enough of the pipe sticking out to grab it with
ViseGrip or similar pliers, lock the pliers on the pipe and then
use the pipe wrench to take off the hose bib. I don't think you
can do what you want without using TWO wrenches, one on the pipe
and one on the hose bib.