John

CW wrote:
It's a force issue and, yes, it works.

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message

"John" wrote in message

Really don't see how this will have any effect at all on snipe. Unless
the boards are glued end to end.

I don't know, but I was taught to do that and I've never had a bit of

snipe
when I did. Could be a religious issue or something.

a major cause of snipe is the load on the board as it is fed into the
planer. You can minimise this by setting up an infeed and outfeed
roller stand to support the board.

Some of the small benchtop planers benefit from an additional table
such as an 8' piece of particle board shelving.

You can also reduce it somewhat by using a very fine initial cut.

the sacrificial board ia also an excellent option, it can be a small
piece of 1 x 2 nailed to the edge of your board.

Right on all points, except that he was talking about a sacrificial
board not attached to the workpiece. Why that would work I can't
imagine.

John Martin