Edwin Pawlowski

"chester" wrote in message

Pour the slabs at a slope, (1/4" per foot) leading away from the
foundation, to ensure water is led away. I was going to accomplish this by
having the boards on the sides of my pour sloped at the angle I want, and
then using these boards to "level" the concrete out when it is poured,
this giving the concrete its slope.

First, will this work? Will the concrete stay at this angle?

Yes, but put expansion joint material against the house.

Second, is there another way to prevent water from flowing towards the
foundation, besides this?

The shed roof will direct some of it. If the roof is an "A" frame it will
direct some near the house though. Other that holding an umbrella when it
rains, a little pitch is the best way.

I will have to shim the sheds up, and that will be a hassle, and I will
have ~3/4" ridge at the entrance, which is somewhat undesirable. Could I
pour the concrete true level, and then put something at the junction of
the existing foudnation and the new slab instead?

It's a shed, not a home for billiards tables. You won't notice the slight
pitch.