Info@_RemoveBetweenSpaces_RedyTemp.com

Hot Water Savings

The key to hot water savings... eliminate the waiting.

Every second a person spends waiting for hot water at their faucet /
shower, your water heater is taking in "cold" city water. In addition
to the lighting energy used while the person stands there waiting. A
family of four waiting 1 minute for hot water spends around 97.3 hours
every year "waiting". (Four people waiting 4 times per day, 365 days
in a year, divided by 60 for total hrs) Include a lifestyle fudge
factor and reduce it to 72 hours of "very cold" city water filling up
your water heater needlessly. Let's pause for a moment and imagine
having to stand and watch a faucet waste water down the drain for 72
hrs. . . . Or consider a home which waits only 30 seconds.... that's
still 36 hours of watching water run down the drain.

Install a RedyTemp Hot Water Recirculator, no dedicated return line
required, idiot proof 10 minute "self-install".

Behind the timer is a standard 3-prong wall outlet. Simply replace
the timer with "The Clapper" set the clapper to the "away" mode. Now
when the clapper hear's someone in the bathroom it will auto start the
circulation process.

Or consider using the RedyTemp in the On-Demand mode using a wireless
push-button. Simply replace the timer with a "wireless outlet
control" similar to those used by the elderly when they don't want to
get up to turn on/off lamps. Press the wireless remote control from
anywhere in your house (range 100-150ft) for no-wait hot water
throughout your home.

Return on investment estimated at two years for a family of four which
waits an average of one minute for hot water.

Install a tankless water heater for "endless" hot water and a RedyTemp
for "no-wait" hot water.

On Thu, 04 Aug 2005 14:19:51 GMT, "Rick" wrote:

"Bob" wrote in message
.. .
This is my first visit to this group, so the question may be
a repeat.
I am thinking about installing a return pipe on my hot water
feed to the kitchen to reduce the amount of cold water that
is wasted before the hot water has reached the sink.
Where is the best place to make the connection close to the
hot water tank? It takes nearly four litres of cold water to
run through the pipes before the hot water arrives. I have
lots of pipe and connections left over from different
projects and I might as well use them for this. My ceiling
is easy to access. My problem is knowing where to connect
near the tank.
I have also read that some people have installed a "U" near
the tank to reduce the loss of heat when hot water is not
being drawn for use. Anyone have any details about this idea?
Many thanks for your ideas.

Bob

Grundfos (www.grundfos.com) has recently introduced a retrofit that
doesn't need a return line, but it's $$$. Essentially a small pump on
a timer at the hot water heater and a thermostatic valve installed
across the fixture supply lines...