Rick

On Mon, 08 Aug 2005 20:29:34 GMT, Lobster
wrote:

Ian Stirling wrote:
Lobster wrote:

Obtain a spade, pick-axe and a reciprocating saw.
Using the first two, expose the roots, to cut with the third.
Depending on the sort of soil, a hosepipe used as water-jet may be of use.

This isn't that hard, once you get into it, and is good all-over excersize.

Liar! (although I'm sure it's good exercise). No thanks - have also
used the spade/pick-axe/saw method on a much smaller stump than this,
and it was heavy going (the similarly sized stump I levelled off with a
spade bit was way easier). Also, there's no *need* to dig this baby
out; flush with the ground will do me fine.

David

This is my way of doing them, however late time I tired it, I did use
the 4x4 to give the thing a good yank - which is why we have 4 bits of
missing tamac in the road outside the house .......

a can saw will probably do waht you want, clear away all the stuff
round the stump, to maybe an inch or so below where you want to cut,
then cut. Take care to remove all somes and stuff.

Rick