Lobster

Ian Stirling wrote:
Lobster wrote:

Obtain a spade, pick-axe and a reciprocating saw.
Using the first two, expose the roots, to cut with the third.
Depending on the sort of soil, a hosepipe used as water-jet may be of use.

This isn't that hard, once you get into it, and is good all-over excersize.

Liar! (although I'm sure it's good exercise). No thanks - have also
used the spade/pick-axe/saw method on a much smaller stump than this,
and it was heavy going (the similarly sized stump I levelled off with a
spade bit was way easier). Also, there's no *need* to dig this baby
out; flush with the ground will do me fine.

David