Aaron

-=D@n=- wrote:

Right ok, I never thought of that. So, if I can find some other earth nearby
I can just attach to that. Of course I can.

Thanks Paul

It has to be another electical earth though really... Not a copper pipe
or some bonded metal work. Another thought is that if you really want to
run an earth why don't you just run another piece of T+E (use the old
cable to pull it through)? I only ask because if the earth wire was in
bad condition then the live and neutral could be in similar conditions
(I guess they could have been exposed to outside moisture) and in that
case you would really need a good earth if not to reduce the risk of you
burning your house down.