IMM

Default Want to build a new house in my back garden

"Tony Bryer" wrote in message
In article , Andy Hall
wrote:
You missed the point. Legislating for the construction industry to
have to build all, or even a proportion of eco houses is not going to
necessarily make people buy them. Such a notion is a gross
simplification.

Perhaps, but Gordon Brown's company car tax changes (of which I am a
major beneficiary) have changed what is being made (imagine a diesel
BMW or Jaguar 10 years back) and what people are buying.

Very true. The government can encourage people to do thing by various
methods.