Wilson

Lots of ideas here. The 4" block is great.
Foamy seal will trap moisture and mold.
Let the 2X treated be the bottom plate of the wall. There's no need to have
it separate.
I soak the bottom of the sheathing and the first siding board with copper
naphthanate, 19% if you can find it. If you get clear, there's no color
under the stain.
Wilson
"Joe Larade" wrote in message
Just looking for a little information and assistance perhaps. We are
presently beginning the process of building a small garage in Nova Scotia.
We will be pouring the slab next week. My query is whether it is
advisable to start the construction with a sill of pressure treated lumber
(2x4) anchor bolted to the slab with a membrane that is used to start a
roof shingling under it and then nail the wall to that sill. We would
then let the sheathing project beyond the plate, the sill and over the
slab by 2". Any ideas, suggestions or criticism. I worry about water
and/or snow getting under the sill.Thanks in advance