MrC1

"Clark W. Griswold, Jr." wrote in message
"Joseph Meehan" wrote:

Also note: "The inspector stated that this may not have been against
code when it was built (8 years ago), but was not considered acceptable
according to his standards." I suggest his standards are just that. I
don't believe (I could be wrong) that is generally a part of any building
standard.

Furthermore, home inspectors are supposed to be pointing out visual

defects
only. Codes are always evolving and a home built years ago will have

multiple
things that don't meet current code. Pointing out things that don't meet

current
code may make the inspector feel good, but are irrelevant.

You mean like GFCIs? Inspectors always note the non-existance of these
buggers in older homes. I think it's these details that the person that
hired the inspector likes to hear about. What a pain in the butt for the
seller though! Many buyers won't rest until everything is up to code, no
matter how insignificant the item is. Simply ignorance.