cisco kid

Default Quality Of Tools

Hi All - My problems with power tools is that the manufacturers seems
to have redefined the enginnering term power and do not quote torque
or impact values very often. I mean brake horse power - which I
believe should mean the actual delivered power at the tool bit when
when all the other losses such as bad internal design limitations,
gearing, friction etc have been taken into account. So if my Bosch is
delivering 500 watts bhp then with the same drill piece it should be
worse than a 1000 watt NU tool. Of course it is'nt!! So maybe the
trades description boys should get in here. Or redefine a proper unit
of power tool measurement. As far as quality of build well there
another story.