Joe Larade

Default Sill for garage on slab

Just looking for a little information and assistance perhaps. We are
presently beginning the process of building a small garage in Nova Scotia.
We will be pouring the slab next week. My query is whether it is advisable
to start the construction with a sill of pressure treated lumber (2x4)
anchor bolted to the slab with a membrane that is used to start a roof
shingling under it and then nail the wall to that sill. We would then let
the sheathing project beyond the plate, the sill and over the slab by 2".
Any ideas, suggestions or criticism. I worry about water and/or snow
getting under the sill.Thanks in advance