Ken Sterling

I am going to make a threading dial for my Jet 1024. It seems pretty
straight forward, but I want to do a sanity check and ask a couple of
questions.

1. My Logan 200 and the Jet have the same lead screw (8 tpi). I assume
that this means I should use a 16 tooth dial gear, as that is what the
Logan has.

2. The lead screw looks like an Acme thread, could it be something
else? If so, how would I figure out what it is?

3. What is this kind of gear called? I.e., when I call Boston Gear,
what should I say I need? Is "To fit an 8 tpi Acme thread sufficient"?

Thanks,
Bob

check this out.... ebay item #7536944404
I have an Craftsman/Atlas 12x36 with 8TPI leadscrew and this
one is the same as mine. Will probably work on yours. Bolts to the
apron, loosen mounting screw and the unit swivels away from the lead
screw to disengage.
HTH
Ken.