DE

There is an article on making said gear with a lathe on a the yahoo
SB10k group. Its a jpg file if you want it email me (despam my
address), also one of HSM magazines had a recent article on hobbing a
threading dial gear. Looks like a interesting project, I made a
thread dial but bought the gear.

DE

Hi Bob,
I'm not sure if this helps or not, but the threading dial I use on my
1024 (the twin of yours...) is from a 9" South Bend, same 8TPI lead
screw, but the gear on the threading dial is 32 teeth. I stumbled on
the SB indicator and having nothing to lose, just tried it on my Jet,
which did not have one when I got it. Nice smooth operation with
minimal slop. Works fine.

I am pretty sure that someone else here can tell you what sort of
thread form a SB uses. Should be close enough.

-AL A.

PS, how did you make out with the backgears? Did you get that
all straightened out?

-AL