kevin

Cripes! I used to live in Raleigh. There is a lowes and a home depot,
as well as a few local places not yet out of business. I can't name the
local places -- the two I frequented died before I moved out.

Any place, including lowes and home depot, that sells the new PT lumber
will also sell the fasteners. Look for double hot-dip galvanized. No,
scratch that. Just look for anything labelled for the new PT lumber
(ACQ, I beleive it is called). They will also have a wide variety of
tie-downs, plates, etc, all made just for PT lumber.