Edwin Pawlowski

"Red CloudŽ" wrote in message

If this is an effort to reduce questions being asked repeatedly, I think
it is
counter-productive. No matter how many times a question might be asked,
you
never can predict when a new contributor will join us who has some good,
and NEW
advice on a subject. If you want a static source of answers, by a book. If
you
want to maintain the value of a live interactive group exchange, then use
usenet
the way it was intended.

Some years ago I participated in writing a FAQ on barbecue. It is still
being touted as one of the most accurate pieces of reference material for
enthusiasts that has been written. Does it replace questions and
interactivity? No, it actually starts conversations.

A well written homeowners FAQ can be a handy guide for many. There will
never be a ONE source for anything. Please don't say why it won't be any
good when you don't even have a clue what is going to be done. If you don't
like it, take your own advice and ignore it.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/