badgolferman

USENET NEWSREADER, 8/6/2005, 10:22:32 PM, wrote:

howdy

I am bonna build a shed in my backyard and I need to know if anyone
knows of some sources (other than the net) for stainless steel nails
and screws for working with the newer types of pressure-treated
lumber out there.

I hear with the copper content being so high, they rot out regular
steel and even the lighter-weight galvanized hangers, nails and
screws.

SO far I can only find screws and nails on line and I would prefer to
buy them locally. I live in Raleigh, NC, os if anyone knows any
suppliers located within a 2-hour drive, I would appreciate it.

Please respond via the group - thanks in advance

The lumberyard where I bought the ACQ treated lumber had gobs of
approved fasteners. Call them up before you buy on the Internet.
Shipping will be horrendous. You should be able to find what you want
at Home Depot and Lowe's also. Stainless Steel and Double Hot Dipped
Galvanized are what I know to work. Regular Hot Dipped Galvanized may
work for quite a long time also, but for a shed you may want the good
stuff.

--
"I miss. I miss. I miss. I make."
Seve Ballesteros describing his four-putt at Augusta's No. 16 in 1988.