Nick Hull

In article ,
Bob Engelhardt wrote:

I am going to make a threading dial for my Jet 1024. It seems pretty
straight forward, but I want to do a sanity check and ask a couple of
questions.

1. My Logan 200 and the Jet have the same lead screw (8 tpi). I assume
that this means I should use a 16 tooth dial gear, as that is what the
Logan has.

2. The lead screw looks like an Acme thread, could it be something
else? If so, how would I figure out what it is?

3. What is this kind of gear called? I.e., when I call Boston Gear,
what should I say I need? Is "To fit an 8 tpi Acme thread sufficient"?

Since there is no load on the teeth, tooth form is not important.

--
Free men own guns, slaves don't
www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/5357/