Alex

Default Replacing kitchen sink

Hi all,

I'm replacing a kitchen sink, but I'm not sure about the metal strip
that's between the sink and formica countertop. The sink is steel and
about 10 years old, and the reason I'm replacing it is because the
metal piece around the drain where pipe screws into is loose causing
water to leak under sink. Plus with 10 years of nicks and dings it's
time to get something new.

So - will this metal piece be included with a new sink? It looks like
it's cut exactly the size of the sink and I see no seams. Also what
special do I do to hold the sink down? I looked underneath it but I
don't see any clamps or screws holding it down.

Thanks for any suggestions on this... I'm replacing the sink tomorrow
(Sunday), so I'll post updates when I start with some pics.

Thanks again --

Alex