stuart noble

Default Speed cameras (Was: New Electrical Regulations)

Simon Gardner [dot]co[dot]uk wrote in message ...
I have no objection to being "caught shoplifting" or indeed speeding as
long as it's human beings doing it. Policing by robot is horrific and
dystopian. I still do not understand why people are so short-sighted as to
tolerate it. I never will understand. It is a profound evil and
fundamentally wrong.

I have no objection to being caught by robots (who are at least likely to be
impartial). I also have no objection to ID cards, CCTV or any other sort of
infringement of my personal liberty (i.e. my right to do as I wish and take
a calculated risk of getting caught). It seems to me to be a fairer system
altogether.
And, yes, I did get caught at 1am doing 50 in a 30. Well ****ed off I was
too.
I doubt whether speed cameras make money after the first week or so when all
the locals get caught.