Larry Jaques

On Sun, 07 Aug 2005 09:44:00 -0400, the opaque Steve Smith
clearly wrote:

I found myself pretty nervous about the part where it says "/*NOTE:*
There is variance in accuracy among units. A detailed calibration
procedure is included for competent technicians who need improved
accuracy."

Ditto here. That's why I asked.

/A multimeter can live a fairly rough life. I'm sure there are many
manufacturers that make quality, rugged units, but from just the web
page below we have no way of telling if this is one of them. The NOTE
makes me think otherwise about this unit, both in electronic and
mechanical quality.

In balance, other reviews give Mastech two thumbs up.

Lacking any specific unit recommendations, depending which of the listed
measurement modes you need, I recommend you get the real thing, such as
from Fluke. Here is a unit close to what you're looking at, the Fluke 110:

http://us.fluke.com/usen/products/Fl...keUnitedStates
Amazon has it for $93; I'm sure you could find a better price if you
looked hard enough.

Flukes are without peer, but they don't have the DB or lux meter
features included. I have occasional need for both.

Here's the whole line:
http://us.fluke.com/usen/products/categorydmm

I've had a model 77 for 20 years. It has survived a lot of mistreatment.

Yeah, I worked with old Simpsons eons ago, Flukes in another era,
and now have an old $5 Chiwanese model from HF (which is, surprisingly
enough, very good.)

Thanks for the suggestions.

--
"I'm sick and tired of having to rearrange my life
because of what the STUPIDEST people *might* do or