JohnM

Harold and Susan Vordos wrote:

I'd buy a replacement wooden handle, not make one.

I use some several homemade handles I like a lot, got one that's a piece
of hocky stick, another that was a hatchet handle (nice little axe
handle shape, one of my favorites), a couple were sticks from the
woodpile (one ash, one hickory, nice round little branches). I figure I
might as well use what I have on hand instead of taking the same time to
go to the store and buy a new handle- but if the wood has any bend in it
you have to be sure to get it aligned wiht the head or it'll be an
irritating hammer to use..

John