Ron Bean

"carl mciver" writes:

The white things at the top are Harbor Freight magnetic pieces of
junk, and hold little more than light flat stuff. I haven't found
magnetic tool bar that I like anyway. None of the hold the tools
shown on the packaging worth squat, and these slam around, so they
have to be strong.

I have some stronger ones that I found at Menards-- about 2ft long and
claim to hold 150 lbs. Made by Magnaproducts, division of Sulo
Enterprises, 569 Main St, Grafton OH 44044 (no model number).

The magnet itself looks like it's about 1/2"x3/8"x2ft, with a metal
bar on each side. I don't know if they're strong enough for your
application, but they're stronger than the cheap ones.

I have a couple of those cheap ones that I've been meaning to throw
away, but I figure they'll just stick to the side of the dumpster...