Bart D. Hull

What is the aircraft similar to the Hawker Hunter that has
two engines vertically located in the tail? I thought it was
the Hunter but I took a look at a few websites and saw a
overhaul page and it definitely doesn't have two engines.

I thought I remembered a show on the Wings channel talking
about these aircraft and others in South Africa as it was
the only place they could legally fly them anymore.

Can anyone help me with the aircraft I'm thinking of? Seems
one of the Brit jets crashed near me at Williams Air Force
Base (now Williams Gateway Airport) for similar fuel
exhaustion problems.

You just can't get too far if you only have 1 hour usuable
fuel no matter how fast you go! Now if you had a spare 707
to convert to your private refueler you might get better
range. (SMILE!!)

Bart

Bart D. Hull

Tempe, Arizona

Check
http://www.inficad.com/~bdhull/engine.html
for my Subaru Engine Conversion
Check http://www.inficad.com/~bdhull/fuselage.html
for Tango II I'm building.

Remove -nospam to reply via email.

Ron DeBlock wrote:
On Sat, 06 Aug 2005 20:48:50 +0000, Roy wrote:

I am not aware of any tanden seat Hawker Hunters.......Spent 3 weeks
in England with the folks in the know and we covered all aspects of
the hunters in anticipation of getting them for Northern Lights. The
fuselage section containing the cockpit and nose were interchangeable
from trainer to fighter aircraft, so it was not like it wa a major
modification being done, as it wa pretty common practice back when
Hunters were in there hey day to readly convert them between fighter /
trainers. The cockpit setup on the trainer type resembles that of a
A-37 Cessna or the T-37 Cessna aircraft...except not quite as wide.

I'm sure you are correct, Roy, and the seats were side-by-side. I'm
about as far as you can get from being an expert on aircraft, and I'm just
going by some fuzzy memories. I was only in the two-seater once (on the
ground, not flying), and that was an air show setup day, where I looked at
many other aircraft. That's my excuse, anyway ;-)