chris French

In message , ben
writes
Huge wrote:
"ben" writes:

Cant see it meself? a window frame supports no load bearing on the
structure

Except when it does... (1940-s bay-fronted semis, for example.)

I have a vague idea of them houses? and as they dont carry any real weight
i.e just the roof felting,ect, I would imagine all the force would be on the
2b4 struts secured to the main house wall.

the lower windows have to support the weight of the upper windows, the
timber frame , tile cladding etc. For typical wooden , square or splay
bay window that's not a problem for the timbers at the front of the bay.
However UPVC normally requires metal supports in these front corners
with in the plastic frame. if this is missing the windows can deform.
--
Chris French