Andy Hall

Default Want to build a new house in my back garden

On Mon, 7 Jun 2004 17:25:21 +0100, "IMM" wrote:

If all house built are eco then the populous would have no choice.

It's populace, and I think you just demonstrated the point that
legislation does not drive progress. It would take centuries for
that choice to disappear because of the existing housing base.

It is a leap of faith to suggest that
people would flock to eco homes
- they are simply not high on the agenda.

It hasn't sunk in yet after saying it
many times. Peo;el have not been
exposed to eco homes yet. Duh!

I'm aware of that, but I do not believe
that simply making something
available means that people will buy it.

If only eco is available then they have to buy it.

.... and existing properties?

The graveyards are littered with products
that somebody thought was a
great idea but which did not sell because
that somebody didn't think
through or foresee all the issues.

Eco is a great idea and will never go away.

I'm sure it is and I am sure that the technology, economics and
marketing on it will eventually become more broadly accepted.

I do seen that some nut would
want a heating system so as to pay £2000 a year for no apparent reason. he
will probably end up in a rubber room though.

Well, it appears that in general people don't agree with your premise
for right or wrong. Eco is not high on their agenda.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl