Stuart Noble

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Mark wrote:

Hi, I am about to install a fitted kitchen, but would like to do all the
1st fix electrics myself.

What I would like to know is, what is the ideal height within the
kitchen to chase the walls for wiring and back boxes for the sockets?

The current sockets fitted by the previous owner are all at different
heights, believe me no two sockets are the same height!

If you're going to tile, I'd make sure they are in the middle of a tile
run at least 4" above the worktops to the bottom of a socket.

I like 6" to the bottom of the box so the first tile sits nicely under
the socket, then 18" above that to the wall units. Can leave you with a
couple of L shaped tiles to cut in the 2nd row though.